Monday, May 19, 2008

Same Day Edits

The Trash the Dress is one of the newest trends in wedding photography. One of the newest trends in wedding video is a thing called the Same Day Edit. What we do is create a video right there at the reception and show it. These are two cools trends that are keeping wedding photography and video from becoming boring and stale.

We have branded the same day edit as the B.I.G. Video Show. The B.I.G. stands for Bride Instant Gratification. While the video is certainly going to wow your guests and bring a tear to everyone's eyes, the biggest benefit of doing this is that the bride (and groom) walk away with an immediate keepsake of the wedding day. They can show it to friends and relative because we give it to them on DVD the night of the wedding. And they can also show it to complete strangers on the plane down to their honeymoon because we give them an iPod video version of the edit.

And then, of course, we post the video online so the couple can share the video with loved one's who couldn't make it. You can see the video we did on Friday for Jennifer and Nick by checking out our website at Kenneth Stillman Video or reading about it on the KSV Blog.

7 comments:

Caits said...

I thought this was going to be OUR teaser:)

Kenneth Stillman said...

Your videos are going to take a bit longer. I wish I could drop a video into Photoshop and have it come out looking cool. Sorry, videos just take longer than pictures.

Caits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Sherwood said...

ha-ha Ken, It's funny you think an image is droped into photoshop and POOF like magic it is done in an instant.
If only it were that easy I'd be drinking a mojito on the beach right now and giving all my editing work to the local cheese grader cause POOF MAGICAL quickenss has arrived with photoshop!- ha ha

Good work takes time.
The few photos we have edited and put up are for teasers but there are many more images that have yet to be edited.

KamilaHarris said...

Hey we are all just excited to see the videos. I don't want to see any of me I want to see the brides haha, so feel free to do mine last!!

Kenneth Stillman said...

Hey Stephanie, I know that it's not poof and it magically happens. LOL I am well trained in Photoshop myself being a graphic designer for many years. I completely appreciate what photographers do, which is why Kamila, Sarah and I have worked together and not tripped over each other all night. he he he

You guys already have something to show and I haven't even finished labeling my clips yet. But when the videos come out there will be even more excitement about the Philly Trash Bash 2.

Cindy K said...

Kenny - I concur!
No Potato Salad swans in this group of fabulous photographers!